Urban Trails: Portland, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Troutdale Book
Please place orders of books separate from other products for the MEDIA MAIL shipping option. You can order multiple books in one order and get this rate, but you can not include other types of products.
Among the hundreds of parks and natural spaces around the Portland area, Forest Park gets the most recognition—and deservedly so—as America’s largest urban forest with more than 80 miles of hiking trails and biking paths. Yet there’s more to explore in and around the city than just this one forest, and Urban Trails: Portland, by hiking writer Eli Boschetto, brings this abundance to the people! There are plenty of opportunities for wandering the banks and wetlands of Portland’s three major rivers, as well as hiking on volcanic buttes, strolling through community gardens, discovering historic sites, and walking urban footpaths. There are also tips on observing some of the hundreds of species of birds and mammals that reside in these areas. 240 pages. 7"x4"
- Trailhead directions, including public transit where available
- “Know Before You Go” tips for park hours, events, etc.
- Trail distance and high point
- Trailhead amenities
- Info for families with kids, dog owners, and bikers
- Sidebars on area history, nature, and sights
- Checklists for plants, trees, flowers, and wildlife you may spot
- Easy to reference maps
- Indicates trail suitability for walkers, hikers, and runners