Rocks, Minerals and Geology of the Pacific Northwest Book
Please place orders of books separate from other products for the MEDIA MAIL shipping option. You can order multiple books in one order and get this rate, but you can not include other types of products.
Rocks, Minerals, and Geology of the Pacific Northwest highlights100 rocks, minerals, and fossil types found in Oregon and Washington. Each entry has color photography that shows a range of possibilities in appearance and a description of the defining physical properties and textures. Lists of minerals organized by other physical properties like habit, hardness, and cleavage are included. Rocks, Minerals, and Geology of the Pacific Northwest also includes 40 landscape features viewable along trails in Washington and Oregon that will empower hikers to make observations and interpretations about how these features came to be.
- The essential reference for rockhounds, hikers, climbers, and geology enthusiasts
- More than 400 photographs, illustrations, tables, and maps showcase and explain everything from minuscule crystals to planetary tectonics
- Interprets the histories of dominant landscape features along regional hiking trails
- Profiles more than 100 minerals and rocks in detailed entries with photos, descriptions, identification graphics, and mini indexes
- Covers the geologic composition and 13 physiographic regions of Washington and Oregon